Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dragged from the Skechbook...



Hey.


These are all sketches from one sketchbook or another.  Some have been seen by some of you guys from Millarworld - they will be the hero redesigns that Aris started up a number of years ago.


This image I started a few years ago, and never too past a partially inked piece.  I had a brush pen I was testing out...liked it, but not enough to finish it.  LONGSHOT.




















Colossus has always been one of my favorite X-Men. I think it's the idea that a man could be covered in shiny metal rings. I think that's really cool. This one was done as part of the character redesign exercise at Millarworld. Staedtler Pigment liner and Prismacolor markers.




















I started this image as the opening image of one of my sketchbooks. I have to say that I didn't really like it. I don't thin k I got the size of the shield right, and something definitely looks off. Be that as it may, it was fun - and educational. Staedtler Pigment liner and Prismacolor markers.




















A number of years ago, I was the colorist for a project through Image Comics' SHADOWLINE brand. Blacklight was a female superhero with a latino background that died a firey death after 2 issues. Artist issues and poor deadlines along with low sales kept it from taking off. I found the character compelling, if a bit unbelievable in a number of ways.


The character continues to be used sporadically in the Shadowline Universe, and I have a project where I get to color her again in the future! Looking forward to it.




















This is from the same sketchbook that was started with the Captain America image.  I thought that it was more successful than the Cap, and I was getting used to the marker medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment